From ZeXtras Suite Wiki
- This is the first stable ZeXtras Suite release compatible with Zimbra 8.7.0. Yaaaaay!
- Fixed a bug that could cause "wrong target" error to appear several times in the log when a node when a node isn't reachable for more than a minute.
- Improved proxying recovery when a mailboxd server goes down in a 5-10+ mailboxd environment, now ZeXtras Suite will take less time to detect the server when it comes back up.
- Fixed a UI bug that caused the wrong date to be displayed in "Restore on New Account" and "Undelete" wizards when the "Use least date available" option was selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause tags with numeric names not to be properly imported when migrating from Zimbra 7.x to Zimbra 8.x
- Fixed a harmless bug that could cause "ping" command responses to have duplicate http headers.
- Added a workaround for an Outlook 2013/2016 issue that could cause calendar items to "flicker" (vanish and re-appear randomly) in the main Calendar window.
- Added a workaround for an iOS issue that could cause sent emails to include an empty "Text/Plain" section before the actual content.
- Added a workaround to make sure that emails with bad encoding are synchronized and displayed in Android and WP10.
- Added a workaround to avoid an issue with dates reported on emails sent by Yahoo addresses and synchronized with Outlook 2013/2016.
- Added a workaround to make sure that emails containing only an attachment (no other mime sections) are synchronized and displayed properly in Android.
- Added a workaround to an incorrect behaviour of Microsoft Outlook which sends emails encoded with the gb2312 charset containing characters from the gb18030, which are now properly displayed.
- Added a workaround to avoid the creation of "no duration" appointments (same Start and End date/time) to avoid issues in the Zimbra WebClient and in some EAS implementations.
- Added a default value of 4096 bytes to the "Compression Threshold" valule in "New Volume" GUI.
- Hooray, no fixes here!
- Buddies added through an alias instead of the main email address are now properly handled (adding by alias won't create a dummy duplicate anymore).
ZeXtras Migration Tool
- This is the first stable ZeXtras Migration Tool release compatible with Zimbra 8.7.0.
- Fixed a bug that caused Perpetual Licenses to display a minor and micro version number for the Zimbra version those are bound to. Perpetual Licenses have always been bound to "Major" releases - e.g. 7.x and 8.x - and work regardless of the minor/micro version in use.
- Improved account_stat management to better handle corrupted account_stat files.
- Improved server configuration backup management to better handle corrupted saved configurations.
- Improved "doCoherencyCheck" to better handle missing BLOBs.
- Improved datasource restore logic, now datastore passwords that exceed the allowed size will be skipped.
- Improved External Restore logic to avoid memory usage spikes during restores from a Backup Path containing several states for each item.
- Fixed a bug that caused the usage quota in the Restore Wizard to appear as "0 / Unlimited" regardless of the actual quota.
- To further reduce synchronization loops, emails with unrecovrable errors in their MIME source will be delivered as text-only after the first synchronization failure.
- To further reduce synchronization loops, calendar items with broken timezone settings won't be synchronized to mobile devices.
- Improved client detection algorithm to better recognize Outlook clients.
- Improved Persona management so that email addresses the user has been granted rights for are available as recipients (only on clients which support such feature).
- Further improved bad encoding recognition and management.
- Added a workaround to fix an issue affecting Samsung clients that causes those to send EAS12 commands when using EAS2.5 (which is not allowed by protocol specifications).
- Added a workaround to fix an issue affecting Samsung clients running Android 6: such clients incorrectly used the "Tasks" collection ID to synchronize calendars thus causing calendar sync to fail.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some calendar appointments with whitespaces in some ics fields not to synchronize properly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the "Mobile Device Management is disabled" error on the account view of an user in the Administration Console even if MDM is globally enabled.
- Hooray! No changes here!
- Fixed a bug that caused an error to be displayed when an Admin creates multiple Classes of Service in a session.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some clients to hang waiting for a response by the server when those sent an unsupported command. An error is now properly returned by the server.
ZeXtras Migration Tool
- Fixed a bug that caused the space theresold to be calculated on the /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ directory instead of the actual Export Path
- "Alias personas" compatibility added to ZxMobile: now any client that supports this feature (e.g Nine for Android) will be able to use alias personas. (Bugzilla entry #185)
- Windows Phone compatibility improved: added a dedicated improvement to avoid WP7/8 devices to get stuck in a "GetChanges" command loop.
- LG stock client compatibility improved: added a server-side workaround to fix a client issue that caused recurring events not to be properly displayed.
- General compatibility improvement: added a workaround to properly handle an invalid content-transfer-encoding within a nested message.
ZeXtras Administration Zimlet
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Device Information" view within a user's configuration to show the appropriate information.
- Fixed a bug that caused attendees not to be restored on calendar items.
- Fixed a memory management issue affecting the `zxsuite backup getAccount` command.
- Contact fields not supported by Zimbra will now be completely excluded from the sync, preventing contact sync issues on a few clients which try to synchronize nonexisting or badly formatted fields.
- Badly formatted encoding informations will now be ignored, using utf-8 as a substitute.
- Fixed an encoding compatibility issue that could cause special characters not to be properly displayed in attachment names (only affects Microsoft Outlook).
- Fixed an issue that prevented items to be properly deleted when in the trash folder.
- Fixed a bug that caused pending deletes on Outlook not to be properly synchronized with the server.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a device not to properly reset its sync after a syncstate reset.
- Fixed a viewing issue in the Admin Report dialog that caused it to become unusable when dealin with lots of domains. (Bugzilla entry #187)
- Changed the way message are handled to use the user's timezone instead of the server's one.
ZeXtras Migration Tool
- Fixed a bug that would treat threshold as bytes instead of MB.
- Added threshold control to the export wizard.
- Fixed a bug in ZxMig that would make appear ZxBackup backup path not initialized.
- Fixed an export bug that could cause appointments with attendees to be partially restored when using ZeXtras Suite 2.2.2 or older.
ZeXtras Suite General
- Fixed an issue that could cause ZeXtras Suite not to start on Zimbra NE with ZeXtras Mobile enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Running Tasks" list to be expanded by default in the Zimbra Administration Zimlet (Bugzilla entry #177)
- Fixed an issue that could cause a device to stop synchronizing new data when a badly formatted email was received.
- Fixed a bug that could cause tasks' start/end to be shifted when synchronized to a mobile device.
- Fixed a bug that could cause attachment names containing accented letters and special characters to be badly displayed on mobile devices.
- Added a workaround to properly display emails containing a badly formatted TNEF file.
- Ping behaviour has been optimized in order to never report folder changes that haven't be requested by the client.
- Fixed an issue that could cause server to freeze after hundreds search operations from several devices for a long period of time.
- Fixed an logic inconsistency that caused ZxPowerstore to ignore the filesystem's reserved block percentage.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Delegated Admins not to be able to create new mailboxes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause requests targeted to all mailbox servers in a multistore environment to display a "concurrency" error.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a looping "loading" message when saving chat preferences.
ZeXtras Suite General
- Error handling on multi-store enviroments has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that caused accented letters and some special characters not to be properly rendered on Outlook 2013/2016.
- Fixed an issue that caused wrong timezone settings to be applied on tasks (Start/End dates and reminders) on Outlook 2016. Due to a bug in Outlook 2013, the issue still persists on such client - a dedicated fix will be released in ZeXtras Suite 2.2.2
- Fixed an issue that caused HTML-only emails to be viewed as text on mobile devices.
- Changed the default "status" in task synchronization from "In Progress" to "Not Started".
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Domain COS Limits to be properly applied.
- This release introduces a very important architectural change that, in time, will allow lots of improvements both in the software's usability and management: a dedicated and distributed configuration backend.
- Starting from ZeXtras Suite 2.2.0, the software's release cycle will be the following:
- New features will be only added in Major (Y.x.x) and Minor (x.Y.x) releases
- Bugixes will be released as Micro (x.x.Y) releases
- All micro releases from a single Minor branch will be compatible with each other to improve the upgrade path on large multistore infrastructures.
- NEW! Distributed Configuration Backend: all ZeXtras Suite's settings will be migrated to this backend in time, adding additional flexibility and a wide range of new and exciting possibilites!
- NEW! The basics for the new update system have been added, stay tuned ;)
- Fixed a bug that could cause the ZeXtras "View Mail" button twice on Zimbra 6.x and 7.x.
- Fixed an issue that could cause mailboxes restored through a "Restore on New Account" or an "External Restore" to have a default chat group named "zimbra" (defaut chat group should have no name).
- NEW! Added a new MIME Parser that will parse and fix all emails before synchronizing those to mobile devices in order to improve device compatibility (many clients and devices struggle with badly formatted or too complex messages, this new feature should help a lot)
- NEW! Improved PING: the PING cycle has been improved to fix a lot of corner-case scenarios, especially involving the latest iOS releases.
- Setting up an alias as the account name on a device will now allow to create appointments using the alias itself as the organizer.
- Hooray, no fixes here!
- Fixed a bug that caused Delegated Admins not to be able to sort the Device List in the ZxMobile view.
- Account deletions displayed in the log browser will now properly display the deleted account's email address.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Global Admins to set an account limit for a domain.
- The "Disable Chat History" and "Debrand" options have been moved from the ZxChat section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet to Global/COS/Domain/Account level - using standard inheritance and value fallback.
- Fixed a bug of the "getAccountInfo" command of the ZxBackup module which prevented deleted accounts to be properly displayed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "doMoveBlobs" command of the ZxPowerstore module to run on all volumes when a volume wasn't specified.
ZeXTras Client Zimlet
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Sync Settings" menu entry to wrongly appear on subfolders.
ZeXtras Migration Tool
- Hooray! No fixes here!