From ZeXtras Suite Wiki
|Language:||English • español • português|
|Available since version: 1.6.4|
|Latest Version: 1.36|
|Released on: August 18th, 2016|
What is ZxChat
Zextras Chat is one of the modules of ZeXtras Suite.
It provides an integrated IM server and client to Zimbra, allowing your users to communicate through text chat directly from their Zimbra Web Client.
Both the chat server and client have been developed by ZeXtras to guarantee the highest integration possible with your Zimbra server.
The ZeXtras Chat module is available 100% free of charge!
- Add an IM contact from the ZeXtras Chat panel.
- Assign a nickname to your buddies.
- Start an IM chat by clicking on a buddy in your list.
- New in ZeXtras Suite 2.0: Video-Chat
- Remove/Rename IM contacts.
- 4 IM statuses (online, do not disturb, away, invisible).
- "Away" status automatically set after some minutes of inactivity.
- Hundreds of Emoji.
- 2 UI modes: DockView and Sidebar.
- Chat History.
- Send chat conversations by email.
- Built-in User Preferences.
- Desktop Notifications (Unity UI or Google Chrome).
- XMPP compatible: you can connect to ZeXtras Chat with any XMPP Client.
- Supported browsers: Firefox and Chrome.
- Also works with: Internet Explorer 8/9/10.
- Contact group management.
- Group chat
- Video conferencing
The ZeXtras Chat module is 100% free, and its availability and use are not bound to the ZeXtras Suite License. This means that the ZeXtras Chat module will always be available in ZeXtras Suite even if your Free Trial and/or your ZeXtras Suite License are expired.
See the "ZxChat Docs" section below to see how to install the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet and how to enable the ZeXtras Chat server. Remember that both ZeXtras Suite and the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet MUST BE INSTALLED on your server in order for ZxChat to properly work.
ZxChat and XMPP
Starting from ZeXtras Suite 1.8.13, ZeXtras Chat is XMPP-compatible.
This means that you are able to use your favourite XMPP client to keep in touch with your ZeXtras Chat buddies!
For more informations about ZeXtras Chat XMPP check out ZeXtras Chat XMPP.
Video Calls through ZeXtras Chat
For more information about the Video Call feature introduced in ZeXtras Suite 2.0 check out the dedicated ZeXtras Chat Video Calls page.
The following additional features are being considered by the R&D team:
- VOIP Integration for Voice Chat and Click-to-call features.
- Video chat.
- Contact Highlighting in emails and calendar items.
The implementation of each feature will be evaluated according to user feedback.