From ZeXtras Suite Wiki
|Language:||English • español • português|
|This documentation is outdated.|
|Please refer to https://docs.zextras.com|
ZeXtras Chat module FAQ
Is ZeXtras Chat free?
Can I use an external client to connect to ZeXtras Chat?
Yes! ZeXtras Chat is fully XMPP-capable, so any client compatible with such protocol can be used to connect to ZeXtras Chat.
I see that the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is needed, how do I deploy it?
See the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet install guide for more info!
ZeXtras Chat zimlet FAQ
I installed Zextras Suite and the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet but the zimlet is not loaded
Some of the possible causes are:
- Missing Server The ZeXtras Chat server is not enabled.
- Delegated Access: By design, the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is not loaded when accessing a mailbox through the "View Mail" feature.
- Account Type: By design, the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet is not loaded for System Resource and Calendar Resource accounts.
- Browser Cache: Sometimes the browser's cache interferes with the loading of the zimlet, especially after an update. Try accessing the Zimbra Web Client in dev mode (adding ?dev=1 after the url, e.g.: https://mail.domain.com/?dev=1)
- Server Cache: Caching issues might be also caused by the Zimbra cache. To clear this cache, run `zmprov fc zimlet` as the zimbra user on your server.
- Permissions: It has been reported that sometimes wrong file permissions can be set for the zimlet files. Should this be the case, manually setting the correct permissions or running the `zmfixperms` Zimbra CLI utility should solve the issue.