ZxPowerstore Admin Guide
From ZeXtras Suite Wiki
|Language:||English • español • português|
|This documentation is outdated.|
|Please refer to https://docs.zextras.com|
To enable and use the ZeXtras Powerstore Module you'll need:
- An active ZeXtras Suite License with ZxPowerStore Module enabled.
- The ZeXtras Suite and the ZeXtras Admin Zimlet installed on a supported version of Zimbra.
- Full user rights on the machine:
- Admin access to Zimbra (usually https://myserver.mydomain.tld:7071/).
- Root access to the Operating System.
- The desire to save time and effort in storage management.
- Nuts and Bolts of the Hierarchical Storage Management Technique
- Tips on how to use ZeXtras Powerstore on Zimbra Network Edition.
- Where Zimbra saves it's data.
- Set up ZeXtras Powerstore to automatically move items between volumes according to easy to understand policies.
- Create volumes on third-party storages to free yourself from local storage boundaries and to use your storage to its fullest.
ZeXtras Powerstore HSM
- Manage your Zimbra volumes easily with ZeXtras Powerstore.
- Set and manage multiple HSM policies.
- Create and manage your Secondary Volumes on Amazon S3 buckets.
ZeXtras Powerstore Utilities
- Save precious disk space by deduplicating items in your Zimbra volumes.
- Obtain full control of your Zimbra volumes through the ZeXtras Powerstore CLI.
- Extend the scope of your searches in the Zimbra Web Client to attachment contents.
- This feature allows to move any mailbox to another mailboxd server belonging to the same infrastructure.
When starting an import or a restore with ZeXtras Backup the "Apply HSM Policy" option is available.
Enabling this option will force ZxPowerstore to apply the HSM policy for each mailbox ZeXtras Backup is done restoring, so while the restore itself will be completely done on the primary store, as soon as a mailbox is completely restored the proper data will be moved to the secondary store.
- Zimbra official guidelines for Filesystem Performance Tuning apply to ZxPowerStore too: Zimbra Performance Guidelines Filesystem
- We strongly advice against the use of network shares (or any high access latency solution) as your Zimbra primary store volume.
No known issues.